We have a number of colleges from all over the world visit us. They typically present to students and parents during our lunch period. ALL high school students and parents are welcome to attend any college talk. Please see the calendar below to see the upcoming visits.
[gcal src=”https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=ismanila.org_1jt6d8echrnbjd6fehs4oismus%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Asia/Manila” width=”800″ height=”600″ frameborder=”0″ scrolling=”no” style=”border: 0″]
Questions to Ask College Reps that Visit…or when you visit colleges in the summer!
(why not ask a few of these questions)
- What is the ONE thing that makes this college stand out from its’ peer institutions?
- How diverse is the campus population?
- What financial aid or scholarship opportunities are available?
- What international study programs do you offer? What percentage of students study abroad?
- How well does the college prepare its’ seniors for the future?
- What internship, research, or service learning opportunities do you have for undergraduate students?
- What are some special features of your campus?
- What is one thing you would change about your school?
- What is the job placement rate after graduation within my major?
- What is the average class size? Will my first year classes be close to the average?
- What is the student to faculty ratio?
- What kinds of advising will I receive as a freshmen who is undecided about my major?
- Will professors teach my undergraduate courses, or do you use teaching assistants?
- Can I reach my professors easily if I need help outside of class?
- What are some of the more common challenges of international freshmen in this college?
- How well do students from different disciplines interact?
- What are my housing options my first year? After my first year?
- Can first year students have a car on campus?
- What security measures do you have in place?
- How does your meal plan work?
- What do students do for fun on campus? In the community?
- What kind of orientation program do you have in place for first year students?
- What are the social issues on campus that concern students that they are discussing on social media?
- What are some of the key student traditions in this college?
- Are there fraternities and sororities? How many students are involved?
- Do you have the other extracurricular activities in which I am interested?
- What do I need to include in my application?
- What are your important deadlines for admission?
- May I visit overnight?
- Do you accept International Baccalaureate credit?
- Who should I contact if I think of additional questions?