Welcome back Juniors!
Juniors, welcome back to another school year and a special welcome to our new students joining the Class of 2020!
My name is Ms. Waldock and in addition to teaching High School Mathematics, I am your Grade Level Coordinator (GLC) for another two years. Together with Pari, Sandro, Joaquin, Amaya, and David, your elected Council, and your team of Homeroom Advisors we will work to make your Grade 11 experience one to remember. There is a lot to look forward to this year. This is a new and exciting journey for all of us and together we will overcome the challenges and celebrate the successes as a grade-level.
The Class of 2020 is filled with passionate, creative, and active students and I am sure that we will continue to build on our fantastic high school record. Look forward to an exciting start to the year with BOB, plenty of sporting events to celebrate, a plethora of creative endeavors to enjoy and more meaningful Saturday Services with our partner Papaya Academy. To wrap it all up we have our first high school Prom to look forward to. There will be multiple opportunities for you to build school spirit, become more connected as a Batch and explore your own individual interests. Please take any chance you can to get as much as possible out of your high school experience.
I look forward to seeing you all in classes and assemblies and at many school events. If you have any questions or comments please do email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ms. Jennifer Waldock
Grade 11 GLC (Grade Level Coordinator)
Tips for a Successful Grade 11
- Focus on academic performance in classes
- Continue to explore areas of interest, take risks, expand your talents, and grow as a person
- Continue to explore areas of interest
- Meet new grade 11/12 counselor (group introduction)
- Register for & take PSAT in October
- Complete Junior College Survey in Naviance: Family Connection
- Attend JUKO: Junior University Kick-Off (parents and students)
- Schedule Junior College Meeting #1 with counselor
- Attend college visits at ISM
- SAT Reasoning and Subject tests offered (January test date recommended for those considering US colleges)
- ACT offered in April
- Learn how US applications are reviewed by attending Mock US Admission Workshops
- Schedule Junior College Meeting #2 with counselor (includes parents)
- Build a list of colleges and universities
- Participate in Bearcat Career Exploration Week
- Consider applying for Bearcat Career Experience
- Attend US Essay Writing Workshops
- Attend UCAS Personal Statement Workshop (UK)
- Attend college visits on campus